Have you ever sat back and thought to yourself, “What is a grandparent?” Who can we go to get a better understanding and an open and honest answer?
Well, the following answers might give you a few humorous ideas.
A third grade teacher asked her students this question, “What is a Grandparent?” Here are some of the best and funniest answers she got from her students.
Children really do have a wonderful view of our world!!!
1. Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. The like other people’s (children).
2. A grandfather is a man and a grandmother is a lady.
3. Grandparents don’t have anything to do except be there when we come to see them. They are so old, they shouldn’t play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.
4. When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves or caterpillars.
5. The show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn’t step on “cracks”.
6. They don’t say, “Hurry up.”
7. Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.
8. The wear glasses and funny underwear.
9. They can take their teeth and gums out.
10. Grandparents don’t have to be smart.
11. They have to ask questions like “Why isn’t God married?” and “How come dogs chase cats?”
12. When they read to us, they don’t skip. They don’t mind if we ask for the same story over again.
13. Everybody should have a grandmother, especially if you don’t have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.
14. They know we should have a snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even we’ve acted bad.
15. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth. He teaches me good things, but I don’t see him enough to get as smart as him.
16. It’s funny when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.
17. Grandma, she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then when she is done having her visit, we take her back to the airport.
Which one of these were your favorite?
Ask one of your grandkids, or a young son/daughter, “What is a Grandparent?” and share what hey say 🙂