America and the world lost a great human being a few days ago at the passing of boxing legend, Muhammad Ali. Ali rose to prominence in the 1960’s and 1970’s when he not only became the world heavyweight boxing champion, but also became a advocate for peace and accepted people of all races, religions, and beliefs…despite proclaiming himself as a Muslim and giving himself over to the nation of Islam.
Ali was a unique sports figure. He not only was one of the top, well-known athletes of his time but he was also known around the world. Unlike many well-known athletes of today, he infused poetry, wisdom, and humor together to spread his message of peace and unity around the globe. His humorous quips are known around the globe.
So, in today’s blog, I decided to list some of Muhammad Ali’s famous quotes for you to ponder, think about, smile, and maybe, in some small way, apply to your everyday life!
- To be a champion, you must believe that you are the best. If not, pretend you are.
- It is lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges.
- Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. The hands can’t hit what the eyes can’t see.
- It isn’t the mountain ahead of you that will wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.
- He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
- It is hard to be humble when you are as great as I am.
- Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.
- Impossible is not a fact. It is an option.
- Inside a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It is staying down that’s wrong.
- The man who has no imagination has no wings.
- I am the greatest, I knew that before I knew I was.
- Don’t count the days; make them count.
- Not only do I knock them down, I pick the round.
- I should be a postage stamp, that’s the only way I ever get licked.
- Last week, I murdered a rock, I injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I am so mean, I make medicine sick!
- A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
- Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.