Being a teacher, I enjoy finding articles, lists or pictures and some funny and goofy things that students either say or do. That’s why, when I found the following list of 20 stupid things that students say or ask…I had to share them with you. I hope that they bring a little smile to your face and joy to your life!
1. “Why don’t the terrorist countries have to follow the constitution?”
2. “During WWI why were all of the women slaving away making shells for the war when they could have just gone to the beach and gotten them from there?”
3. “So all 435 representatives live in one house?”
4. Professor: so who can tell me about Pearl Harbor?
Girl: Oh. my. god. I love that movie.
5. “If we have weapons that can blow up the entire world, how come no one has used them?”
6. “If China is ahead of us by like a day, why didn’t they warn us about 9/11?”
7. “Hey do you know what day the professor hands out the textbook?”
8. “Sorry I’m late, would you mind starting over?”
9. Professor: What was the name of the Indian that helped guide Lewis and Clark?
10. “Rice grows in fields? I thought it was made from chipped potatoes…”
11. “I have a note from my mom can I get an extension?”
12. Professor: You have 90 minutes for this exam.
Student: You told us we have an hour and a half!
13. In class we were discussing the hole in the ozone layer. Some girl blurts out “oh! That is the hole that the space shuttle flies through, right?”
14. We were discussing forest fires that were going on somewhere in the Midwest at the time, and a girl asked “How can the fires keep burning for more than one day? Do they start back up again every morning?”
15. English professor was collecting food and stuff to send to Japan after the tsunami, namely rice.
Girl raised her hand and asked if it was to soak up all the water.
16. Biology Professor: Look at the person sitting next to you. You share 99% of your DNA with them.
Student: Omg! Is that why you did the seating chart this way?
17. “Did Albert Einstein invent electricity? Or did he just discover it?”
18. “If a bear and a deer were the last things on earth, would they mate?”
19. During a lecture on greenhouse effects, a student raised their hand and asked “Why wouldn’t they just stop building greenhouses?!”
20. Freshman bio class, talking about DNA damage via free radicals and how some foods have antioxidants. Obnoxious super tan girl in front row: “So, like, how many blueberries should I eat if I, like, tan twice a week?”
breathe to write
Shining God's light in the world's darkness
A directory of wonderful things
Welcome to my site to find inspiration and nourishment for the body and soul
Feminist reflections on fitness, sport, and health
"Feel more Confidence, Strength and Happiness here everyday"
What's New at Duke University Press
a life of serendipity
Seeing, feeling and exploring places and cultures of the world
Inspiring and Heartwarming Stories
A great WordPress.com site
Conversations with Kindred Spirits
Jean M. Cogdell, Author-Writing something worth reading, one word at a time in easy to swallow bite size portions.
Christian Prayer and Mystical Theology
Surviving the everyday struggles of an Inside Salesman.
relishing in life's surprises, delighting in food, travel, art