So often when we pray, we find ourselves trapped in a vicious circle. Because we ask for nothing in particular, our prayers bring no results. Because we don’t believe that anything will come from our praying anyway, we ask for nothing in particular. Hence, we live our lives saying only superficial prayer. The time has come for us to stop playing at prayer.
1. God won’t ask what kind of fancy car you drove. He will ask how many people you took to church who didn’t have transportation.
2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house. He will ask how many people you helped who didn’t have a house.
3. God won’t ask how many fancy clothes you had in your closet. He will ask how many of those clothes you gave away to the Salvation Army.
4. God won’t ask what social class you were in. He will ask what kind of “class” you displayed.
5. God won’t ask how many material possessions you had. He will ask whether those material possessions dictated your life.
6. God won’t ask what your highest salary was. He will ask if you trampled over any people to obtain that salary.
7. God won’t ask how much overtime you worked. He will ask did you work overtime for your family.
8. God won’t ask how many promotions you received. He will ask what you did to promote others.
9. God won’t ask what your job title was. He will ask did you perform your job to the best of your ability.
10. God won’t ask how many promotions you took to chase a peso bill He will ask how many promotions you refused to advance your family’s quality of life.
11. God won’t ask how many times you didn’t run around on your spouse. He will ask how many times you did.
12. God won’t ask how many degrees you had. He will ask how many people you thanked for helping you get those degrees.
13. God won’t ask what your parents did to help you. He will ask what you did to help your parents.
14. God won’t ask what you did to help yourself. He will ask what you did to help others.
15. God won’t ask how many friends you had. He will ask how many people you were a friend to.
16. God won’t ask what you did to protect your rights. He will ask what you did to protect the right of others.
17. God won’t ask what neighborhood you lived in. He will ask what other neighborhoods you visited.
18. God won’t ask how man times you told the truth. He will ask how many times you told a lie.
19. God won’t ask about the color of your skin. He will ask about the color of your heart.
20. God won’t ask how many times your deeds matched your words. He will ask how many times they didn’t.
Sexuality Virginity Abortion Rape Pornography God Meaning Love LGBTQi Transgender Liberalism Divorce intersectionality
A Place Where God Speaks to Hearts
breathe to write
Shining God's light in the world's darkness
A directory of wonderful things
Welcome to my site to find inspiration and nourishment for the body and soul
Feminist reflections on fitness, sport, and health
"Feel more Confidence, Strength and Happiness here everyday"
What's New at Duke University Press
a life of serendipity
Seeing, feeling and exploring places and cultures of the world
Inspirational, Motivational, and Heartwarming Stories
A great WordPress.com site
Conversations with Kindred Spirits
Jean M. Cogdell, Author-Writing something worth reading, one word at a time in easy to swallow bite size portions.
Christian Prayer and Mystical Theology
Surviving the everyday struggles of an Inside Salesman.