Throughout our lives, we can probably all remember a person or a few people, who have influenced our life in a certain way. Whether they touched our life in a positive or negative fashion, these people will never be forgotten.
In today’s world we have a tendency to focus on the THINGS that are happening in the world around us: news, work, local or world events, etc. and we forget to remember the good things in life.
I recently found this interesting little quiz on indianchild.com that I think many of you will find very interesting and inspiring.
So, without further delay, take a minute or so and take the following quiz and then see how you do. It may very well be an eye opener.
Take this quiz:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are
no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you. Easier?
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care and love you. Take some time today to go out of your way and thank those people who have made a difference in your life.