We all know that water is an important element and valued by billions of people throughout the world. We also know that one of the most popular soda worldwide is Coca-Cola or COKE. So, what are the big differences between these two liquid refreshments? Read the following post and find out…some of the facts might surprise you!
Water vs. Coke: Some Interesting Facts
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (likely applies to half the world population).
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters, a University of Washington study showed.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of suffers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
9. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day? As a rule of thumb – drink half your weight in ounces of water a day. If you work out 3+ times a week and live in a humid climate add other 24+ ounces to that number. Additionally, caffeine and alcohol dehydrate the body; drink twice the water as you did coffee or alcohol to replace water loss.
1. In many states, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk of their cruisers to remove blood from the highway after an accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone within 3 days.
3. To clean a toilet bowl; pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers; rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
5. The corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION…
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in Osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coke syrup the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean their truck engines for about 20 years!
|Now the question: would you like a glass of Water or a glass of Coke?|
breathe to write
Shining God's light in the world's darkness
A directory of wonderful things
Welcome to my site to find inspiration and nourishment for the body and soul
Feminist reflections on fitness, sport, and health
"Feel more Confidence, Strength and Happiness here everyday"
What's New at Duke University Press
a life of serendipity
Seeing, feeling and exploring places and cultures of the world
Inspiring and Heartwarming Stories
A great WordPress.com site
Conversations with Kindred Spirits
Jean M. Cogdell, Author-Writing something worth reading, one word at a time in easy to swallow bite size portions.
Christian Prayer and Mystical Theology
Surviving the everyday struggles of an Inside Salesman.
relishing in life's surprises, delighting in food, travel, art