Don’t bother getting a pen and paper… just read… if you can’t
answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They’re the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worth while.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.
Sexuality Virginity Abortion Rape Pornography God Meaning Love LGBTQi Transgender Liberalism Divorce intersectionality
A Place Where God Speaks to Hearts
breathe to write
Shining God's light in the world's darkness
A directory of wonderful things
Welcome to my site to find inspiration and nourishment for the body and soul
Feminist reflections on fitness, sport, and health
"Feel more Confidence, Strength and Happiness here everyday"
What's New at Duke University Press
a life of serendipity
Seeing, feeling and exploring places and cultures of the world
Inspirational, Motivational, and Heartwarming Stories
A great WordPress.com site
Conversations with Kindred Spirits
Jean M. Cogdell, Author-Writing something worth reading, one word at a time in easy to swallow bite size portions.
Christian Prayer and Mystical Theology
Surviving the everyday struggles of an Inside Salesman.